1. Both Santa and God carry out missions that require supernatural/magic to accomplish. For example:
How does God listen to everyone’s prayers and intervene all at the same time to all of the people on earth at all times? Supernatural power/magic.
How does Santa get around the world in one night to deliver gifts to all of the children in all different time zones? Supernatural power/magic.
2. Both God and Santa judge whether or not you have been bad or good and reward you accordingly.
3. Both God and Santa watch over your behavior at all times (even when you are sleeping).
4. Both use regular, ordinary people on earth to carry out their mission (parents, people doing good works or good deeds).
5. Both Santa and God live in unmapped, invisible places that sound amazing.
6. Nobody has ever seen them except for a few special people who ordinary people have never or rarely met or seen in real life.
7. Both God and Santa represent goodness, giving and a loving spirit or feeling.
8. Both God and Santa are old men with beards.
9. Both God and Santa are figures that people say they “believe” in or not.
10. Both have a wife who has no role or doesn’t participate in the mission. Some don’t believe she exists at all and dismiss the idea of a wife entirely (Letters to Santa and prayers to God rarely, if ever include a female).